How To Start a Fashion Resale Business
Have you ever wanted to work or do something in fashion but didn't know what to do or how to get there?
Maybe you're not a creative and can't design or style. But have you ever thought of the business side of fashion?
Have you ever wanted to have a boutique or a consignment/retail store, or an online store?
Well, there is no better time than now to start a fashion business whether it be resale, consignment or a boutique.
With technology and the prevalence of the digital space, online business, phone/tablet apps, and e-commerce, you can totally do this!
And PS - you don't even need your own website!
Because of the social concerns of sustainability and saving the environment, the resale and secondhand industry is one that is THRIVING and growing and a multi-billion industry.
According to the Thredup 2016 annual report, the resale market is a $14 Billion dollar market (in 2015), and is projected to be a $25 Billion, yes Billion, with a B, market.
So it is time to get in and cash in on this growing industry!
In this course, I'm going to show you how EASY it is to start a fashion resale business. You can start it as a side hustle or make it a full fledged, full time business.
I'll talk about how I generated sales of $60K (after resale platform fees) in the last 3 years, doing this as a side hustle, while maintaining a full-time job in the first year, and then maintaining another business in the last two years, while traveling the world!
You will learn about:
- What you Need to Do to get Started
- Sourcing (Where Will You get Your inventory and How to select it)
- Sales Channels (Where and How to Sell)
- Presentation and Promotion (of Items You sell)
- Logistics and Operations
- Things to Consider
- Other Services You can Provide and Other ways to monetize
Join me as I show you how to start this side hustle or grow your existing resale practice/hobby to become a full-time business!
Kreithchele is a multi-passionate small business owner. She owns and is the founder of:
- Kreithchele, where she is a business and transitional and transformational coach, consultant, connector and educator
- KB Business Consulting, where she works with local CPA firms and small businesses with their accounting and business consulting needs.
- Krangele's Closet, a fashion resale business which also offers consignment services, styling, closet curation, and personal shopping services
- Arbiterista, a networking group which serves female entrepreneurs
- Incidentally Inspirational, a group for young adult widows that helps them go from surviving, to living, to thriving
Kreithchele has been reselling as a hobby since her college days. She made resale a business, forming Krangele's Closet in late 2014. She has taken her experiences to create this course.
Kreithchele is a resident of Newport Beach, California and enjoys traveling the world, checking out new restaurants and hotspots, and attending live music. She is a self-proclaimed foodie, a lover of rooftop bars and a lover of foie gras. She loves spending time with her partner Ken.